Sunday, October 9, 2016

well here we go again...

 We have come a long long way in the little over 4.5 years since we moved in...from a gravel pit of a yard and a house full of subfloor flooring and nice high ceilings and doors with bad brass door knobs but not much else...there was great space, a great floor plan and lots light from the 27 windows...but it was a shell but a shell with so much potential.
I have happily taken most of the time here thoughtfully planning and designing and creating this warm inviting character filled home we have today...I would say for three years it was my full time daily job to complete this home...it is certainly a hit in our neighbourhood...we have recieved endless positive encouragement and compliments...that feels good...I am glad people like or love our house, it certainly seems to churn up feelings for people...I feel very lucky and grateful we have been able to call this house home....
 But after putting much of my heart and soul and money into this home it is time for us to move on....to something smaller and to another project and another experience
 I feel torn when people ask us why we would sell this house, they seem heart broken...it will be very hard to leave our home but we are all ready for this change...I have a nice tour for you to see most of the work that has been done, I will add some before photos at the bottom of the post for fun.






































How things look when we moved in.....yikes....








follow me on instagram under my name chris_kauffman to follow along with the new exciting journey





No comments: